Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
We will gather and utilization of individual data singularly with the target of satisfying those reasons indicated by us and for other good purposes, unless we get the assent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
We will just hold individual data the length of essential for the satisfaction of those reasons.
We will gather individual data by legal and reasonable means and, where fitting, with the information or assent of the individual concerned. Personal information ought to be important to the reasons for which it is to be utilized, and, to the degree essential for those reasons, ought to be exact, finished, and updated.
We will protect individual data by security shields against misfortune or burglary, and also unapproved access, divulgence, duplicating, use or alteration.
We will promptly provide customers with access to our policies and procedures for the administration of individual data.
We are focused on leading our business as per these standards with a specific end goal to guarantee that the privacy of individual data is secure and maintained.
Personal Information Collected
We only collect personal information necessary for the operation of our business. The personal information we collect includes the following:
- In relation to customers:
- telephone and fax numbers;
- email addresses;
- other contact information;
- credit information and credit eligibility information in connection with the opening and operation of customer accounts;
- payment information (which may include banking or credit card information).
In the normal course of the operation of our business we also collect from service providers such personal information as is necessary for the day to day operations of the business.
How Personal Information is Collected and Held?
We collect personal information in written form, online or by telephone. The personal information we collect from you will include information you give us when you:
- register or subscribe to our website;
- place an order with us or make a purchase from us;
- apply for a credit account; and
- otherwise contact us.
With respect to customers, personal information is primarily collected from the orders customers place with us and from credit applications to open accounts. Personal information will not be collected from any sources other than the customer and any credit reporting agency from which we require credit eligibility information.
Personal information is held either in electronic or written form, but primarily in a secure data base, access as to which is limited to authorised and appropriately trained staff. Some account information is held by a third party provider, accessible online only to authorised members of our staff. We have internal policies and procedures in place to prevent unauthorised access, modification, disclosure or misuse of personal information.
Purposes of Collection of Personal Information
Our purposes for collecting and holding personal information are to enable us (and/or third party service providers we may engage for some purposes):
- to receive orders from customers for goods and to fulfil those orders;
- to process payments made by customers;
- to extend credit facilities to appropriate customers by opening an account with us;
- to deal with our suppliers.
We do not give personal information to third parties for the purpose of direct marketing by them. However we may use personal information for the purpose of offering products and services to customers and we may employ the use of third party technology through an online software portal to do so. We will generally only use your personal information for marketing if you have given consent to this or it is impracticable to seek prior consent. When registering with Bolts and Tools, you consent to BTCO using your personal information, such as your postal or email addresses for our direct marketing purposes.
You may opt out of receiving these direct marketing communications at any time by sending an email or letter to the Privacy Officer and we must action your request within a reasonable period.
From time to time, in the operation of our business and to receive and fulfil orders, we either disclose customers' personal information to the following third parties, or we permit such third parties to have access to customers' personal information:
- credit reporting organisations for credit eligibility and assessment with respect to customer accounts;
- providers of payment gateway technology services such as a credit card facilities service for online payments;
- logistic companies providing courier or delivery services, so as to enable access to premises to effect delivery;
- direct mail marketing print house to enable distribution of catalogues and other printed material;
- IT service providers who require access to our systems to maintain our software (platforms) and hardware;
- debt collection agencies in the case of delinquent customer accounts.
At present, it is not likely that we will disclose personal information to overseas recipients, but if such disclosure were to occur we recognise the obligation to take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach the APP's in relation to the information.